Does Your Assistant “Own” Their Job?
Fact: Your assistant has a job.
Fact: You own your real estate business.
Many people have jobs, but very few actually own their jobs. To own your job you need to be passionate about what it is you do, accountable for the commitments that you make, able to be confident in every task that you undertake, and know and understand your limitations. Does your assistant own their job?
- Do they make a daily effort to support you, the REALTOR®?
- Have or are they being proactive in the creation and implementation of systems?
- Do they demonstrate confidence and competency in their day to day activities?
- Are they dedicated to keeping their education and knowledge of the industry current?
- Do they strive to provide the same level of service to clients as you do?
- Do they understand the limitations of their position?
- Do they work to reduce your risk and liability?
Owning one’s job will not happen overnight, it will take time for them to develop the confidence and understanding in their position to understand how to create and implement systems to support the business of the REALTOR®.
How do you own your job?