Just a reminder that the Real Estate Council of British Columbia (RECBC) requires the brokerage’s name on all advertising, in proportion to the advertisement. They also strongly recommend that the brokerage’s address and phone number be on the advertisement.
There are specific advertising requirements from the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), the Real Estate Council of British Columbia (RECBC), each local Real Estate Board, and even specific brokerages.
Be diligent to ensure that every piece of advertisement that goes out or is published complies with these requirements.
Source: Excerpt taken from the Real Estate Council of British Columbia Rules:
Real Estate Council of British Columbia's Rules
Division 3 – Advertising
4-6 Restrictions and requirements related to advertising generally
1. A licensee must not publish real estate advertising unless it complies with this section.
2. In all cases, the licensee name of the brokerage must be displayed in a prominent and easily readable way.
3. If real estate advertising identifies a managing broker, associate broker or representative, this must be done by using the licensee name of the individual.
4. If real estate advertising includes an office address for the licensee, this must be the address of the related brokerage office.
5. If the council approves a team name for a group of related licensees, real estate advertising may also identify the group by this team name.
4-7 False or misleading advertising prohibited
A licensee must not publish real estate advertising that the licensee knows contains a false statement or misrepresentation concerning real estate, a trade in real estate or the provision of real estate services.
4-8 Advertising in relation to specific real estate
A licensee must not publish real estate advertising indicating that specific real estate is being offered for sale or other disposition unless the owner of the real estate, or an authorized agent of the owner, has consented to the advertising.